Monday, December 7, 2009

The infamous "Catch Party"

This past weekend I was invited to a friend's apartment to hang out in our pjs and break in her fireplace by making s'mores complimented by homemade soup & wine. We played a rousing round of Catchphrase (check back for a full review) which is basically like a guessing game combined with hot potato.

After we finished BEATING the opposing team, my friend's 3 yr old niece decided to involve us in a similar game... ordering everyone in the circle to toss a stuffed camel at the person to our left - announcing each of our names as she went around. She got very excited in the midst of us tossing to the next "player" and squealed "It's a catch party!"

I found this extremely endearing and it made me realize that any moment can turn into a party. Why are cute kids always so full of worldly knowledge? I am a firm believer that a party can occur anywhere and anyone can be an awesome host. With this blog, I plan on sharing my inspiration as much as possible.

So now whenever my friends decide we want to throw another "Catch Party"... all we need is a bottle of wine, some marshmallows, cozy clothing and a stuffed camel. Voila!
Hours of entertainment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment